Phil Gear Graphic Design + Web Development Owner 2002-Present
- Established effective marketing and sales tools for over 50+ clients all over the world.
- Services include Brochures, Stationary, Media Packaging, Multi-Page Documents, Websites, E-Commerce, SEO, Banners and Advertisements, Logo Design, Style Guides, Rebranding.
- Worked with Business owners, marketing coordinators, sales teams, print shops and web hosts to promote client messages to the public eye.
- Hired other freelancers and assigned tasks to them.
Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Web Designer 2013
- Updated company website(s) with new information, and new design format.
- Built an iPad Nutrition Kiosk for Students to check Nutrition Information for what was available daily.
- Established a corporate identity for a new dining location.
- Designed multiple E-Mail campaigns weekly for a list of over 25000 students.
- Photographed Dining Locations.
Creative Designs & Signs Senior Graphic Designer & Print Production Specialist 2004-2011
- Work directly with customers to develop designs for that were then applied to a wide variety of items, such as apparel, signs, banners, business cards, brochures, vehicle graphics, and promotional materials.
- Added the ability for custom design work vs. stock art which helped to increase the company’s profits and market share. Designed over 1,000 custom items!
- Print Screens on large format printers which enable Press Operators to print 4 color process and simulated process with ease.
- Trained various Staff members on computer applications and printers.
- Created the website and additional corporate materials to give to vendors.
Be Scene Advertising Graphic & Web Designer 2008-2009
- Worked directly with clients to create websites, marketing materials, and additional promotional items for local area businesses.
- Met with clients to develop the most effective solution for their Advertising budgets.
- Assisted Video Production with creation of title screens.
James A. Rhodes State College Information Technology Specialist 2006-2008
- Provided IT Support for Students and Instructors.
- Upgraded Instructor and Student PC’s with Software.
- Set up Portable Carts in classrooms that needed Computer Equipment and Projectors.
Vantage Vocational High School Digital Media 2004-2006
- Worked on various teams for projects around the community.
- Helped tutor students in the class.
- Provided constructive feedback to students on their projects.
- Participated in Business Professionals of America contests.
James A. Rhodes State College Digital Media 2006-2008
- Attended various classes focused around Adobe software.
- Attended Team Building Classes and Business Law classes.
Bowling Green State University Interactive Media – Visual Communication 2012-2013
- Attended VIA Media class, where our team designed a Display Stand with three tiers for the bookstore.
- Attended a very interesting culture class.
Vantage Career Center Interactive Media Board Member 2007-2013
- Met with other Media professionals to discuss course of action for current and future content.
- Contributed feedback on current teaching curriculum.
- Suggested ideas for new student projects.
Mac, Windows, Linux
|Raster Imaging||Vector Imaging||Web Design||Specialty Software|
|Adobe Photoshop||Adobe Illustrator||Adobe Dreamweaver||Adobe Flash|
|Adobe Fireworks||Adobe InDesign||Adobe Edge Code||Pulse Embroidery|
|Corel Paint Shop Pro||CorelDraw||Adobe Edge Inspect||FlexiSign|